Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Yo Mama

As some of you may know, when I signed my book contract, I decided to take on a pen name (mainly because mine is unpronounceable). I Googled TJ Bennett before adopting it, and found that no other authors appeared to be using it at the time, and the only other usages I found were for a medical researcher, a cafe owner, and a high school athlete, none of whom I felt would confuse my fans, should I ever have any. So, I went with that.

Recently, however, my Google search revealed someone using the name in the exact same way (no periods after the initials) on a site called Yo Mama. I just want to take this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am not the author of any of the Yo Mama jokes. If I was, I'd have come up with the one that states, "Yo mama is so fat, she jumped up in the air and GOT STUCK!"

But, sadly, I am not. In the interests of full disclosure, just thought you'd like to know that.

TJB

2 comments:

Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, TJ, sorry to hear about this. There is another Kate Willoughby who is an actress in the UK who, I'm sure, is appalled to find me an erotic author sharing her name. Poor thing.

TJ Bennett said...

LOL! Who knows, maybe not?

TJB