Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why, hello there!


Oh, my gosh, I can't believe how long it has been since I blogged. Not that I haven't mentally blogged, mind you, but getting it on paper has been...problematic. I know you don't visit often, and when you do, you rarely comment. So, it's hard to be motivated without feedback. I'm a writer, yes, but it's like opening an artery for me, and opening these tiny little veins to blog seems to hurt just as much. Yes, I'm not a natural blogger, I admit it. But just so you know, these are the things I've thought about blogging on over the past few weeks:

--Phone walkers: people who walk and talk on their cell phones in public, and who seem to think they have a "cone of silence" over their heads when they do (ref: Get Smart). I've overheard a co-worker phoning his lawyer about his recent DWI, another lawyer giving advice to a woman arrested for prostitution, and a woman threatening an unseen man that "watch it, I just might be recording this conversation."

--The "sex" talk: had the talk with my sons the other day. They brought it up first. It was the moment I've been dreading. While I was anything but ready, I think I was prepared and did okay. There was a minimum amount of blushing, hiding faces, and "ewwwws"--and the kids didn't do so badly either.

--The Office: I finally have my own office. Not just an office "space" (crammed into a corner of the bedroom), but an office. My hubby (blessed, wonderful man that he is) gave up his space for me, and now I have a door. Not that the kids, the dog, or anybody else respects it, but it is there and it is the principle of the thing. And I have more space to put my stuff!

So, if you want to hear any more details about any of this, just ask. I'll tell.

For now, see ya!

TJB

No comments: